Okay. I thought the Artisan Fair was NEXT Saturday.
During my Memorial Day BBQ, someone told me its THIS coming Saturday.
My first thought was "Uh-oh. Better step up my game on the blog."
My second thought was "Man. I'm bad at math."
So this marathon has become a mad dash to the finish line. The time to relax is OVER.
MULTIPLE FEATURES on MULTIPLE TALENTS!
First up is Kimberly Wong. She'll be showcasing her quillows. The most awesome part about it are the built-in pockets! The most awesome part about it are the built-in pockets! (No, its not a typo. I doubled up the statement because its that awesome. BUILT-IN POCKETS!)
What will you be selling?
Quillows are quilts that can be converted into pillows, but in my case they are made of fleece blankets since they're warm and fuzzy and easy to care for. I will be featuring some very cute designs which are suitable for children or adults who are kids at heart! (:
I am most creative when...
I watch Ellen DeGeneres.
What is your inspiration for your crafts?
When simplicity meets functionality.
One thing you want others to know about you?
I rely on Yelp to help my feed my foodie-self.
Next up is Liz and Helenda. They are featuring hand-made ribbon boards to hang up all sorts of goodies from wedding invites to necklaces. Great for the kitchen as a reminder board, or at the kids room for their artworks. There will be an assortment of different designs for you to choose from.
What will you be selling?
We will be selling ribbon boards used for hanging various items such as, photos, notes, cards, jewelry, etc. We used various cute fabrics for the boards and accented them with ribbon. Each board is uniquely handcrafted with love! And each board is one of a kind...so get em early!
I am most creative when...
We are most creative when we are inspired to create something. We like to bounce creative ideas off one another and work together to come up with new creations.
What is your inspiration for your crafts?
We are inspired when we feel creative and find cool materials to use for our projects - like cute fabric or designs. And if we don't know how to make something, we try to experiment and learn. We also love pictures, so our ribbon boards are a great way to display and show them off.
One thing you want others to know about you? Crafting, like making ribbon boards, is something we enjoy doing and we're excited for this chance to share what we love doing with you all!
Our third artisan is Mary Yuen. She will be selling handmade hair clips, cards, and gift tags. Simple and sweet, you'll find yourself whispering "super cute"...
What will you be selling?
I'm making handmade hair clips which have a "no-slip" feature and great greeting cards that will put a smile on your face. Visit my booth and you may find yourself saying "That's so cute, I have to have it!"
I am most creative when...
I'm most creative when I have a goal. Like when someone's birthday comes up, I want to make a special card that is personal to their tastes and personality.
What is your inspiration for your crafts?
I enjoy working with my hands creating quirky and whimsical crafts. My inspiration comes from the joy of sharing something with those I care for, and putting a smile on their faces.
One thing you want others to know about you? I love good food, so if you know a place I should try let me know!
Lastly, its Sherilyn Lee. She is definitely an artist with many talents. She will be featuring not one, nor two, three isn't even close but FOUR different hand-made goods. I almost ran out of memory on my camera taking pictures of her goods.
What will you be selling?
Luggage Tags - A unique assortment of fabric luggage tags great for any traveler. Place Mats - A set of four place mats to dress up your table.
Wall Organizers - A fabric wall hanging to help organize a room or work space, and even add some artwork to the wall.
Fabric Canvas Art - Decorate a room with a piece of art made of fabric.
I am most creative when...
I am most creative when given a project like this!
What is your inspiration for your crafts?
Practicality with style. I love putting things together that will be put to good use!
One thing you want others to know about you? My parents surprised me with a sewing machine (my first and only) for my 16th birthday! The enthusiasm to sew died a short two weeks after, and I just recently dusted it off many years later!
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment